Are you passionate about access and education for high quality, healthy food!? Help bring this passion to life through the Milton Family Community Center.
This role is an key member of our team, responsible for daily menu planning, prep and serving of high quality, nutritious meals for up to 95 children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old in alignment with federal and state childcare food nutrition standards and program requirements.
- Prepare appropriate meals, and deliver to corresponding classrooms/programs daily.
- Plan and prepare a weekly menu that is aligned with CACFP requirements, and considers our current student enrollment and all meals planned for the week.
- Present the menu with a corresponding shopping list to your supervisor at least one week in advance.
- Purchase the approved shopping list weekly.
- Maintain a clean, organized kitchen that minimizes waste including composting.
- Communicate with:
- Child Care Director- regarding any concerns, issues, or questions of food program needs
- Early Childcare and MASK program Teachers - regarding classroom and/or individual student food needs
- Concrete services coordinator and other administrative staff as needed, especially regarding incorporation of nutrition in the classroom, garden management, and collaboration with the food shelf.
- Adhere to the NAEYC Code of Ethics and MFCC Policies and Procedures Manual
- Attend MFCC Staff meetings.
- Participate in MFCC Early Childhood Program meetings and activities
- Maintain annual required professional development training hours to include CACFP and Early Headstart, and submit appropriate documentation via BFIS, as required by VT licensing regulations and NAEYC requirements.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
At least 18 years old with high school diploma/GED and 1-2 years experience with commercial food preparation and planning.
Nice To Haves
- Opportunity to join a dedicated, passionate team driving real impact in the community!
- Compensation based upon education and experience.
- Childcare discount of 50% for employees, pending availability of a slot.
- On-going, personalized professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program
Salary : $15.50 to $17.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Restaurant/Food Services
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Milton, VT